Have you considered using your talents and abilities to serve God’s people? Or perhaps you know of someone who is searching for an opportunity that will give them a chance to use their skills in a more rewarding way. We desire to employ people who have a heart for God and His church. From time to time there are opportunities available for employment that would allow each person’s gifts and abilities to be used to further the gospel. Some of these opportunities include:
- Customer Service
2020 Holiday Schedule
Wednesday, January 1st – New Year’s Day
Monday, January 20th – Martin Luther King Day
Monday, February 17th – President’s Day
Friday, April 10th – Good Friday
Monday, May 25 – Memorial Day
Friday, July 3rd – Independence Day
Monday, September 7th – Labor Day
Thursday, November 26th , Friday November 27th – Thanksgiving
- The offices will be close from Thursday December 24th until Monday January 4th.
If you have gifts and talents in any of the above areas, you may want to consider joining our World Ministries Center team! See below for job opportunities at the World Ministries Center and throughout the denomination.
We are here to help you in posting appropriate job opportunities within the Free Methodist Church – USA.
Free Methodist World Ministries Center - Affiliate Job Opportunities
The Cedars (Retirement Community) - CEO
Chief Executive Officer
The Cedars, a Life Plan Community, is searching for an experienced senior living Chief Executive Officer. Located in McPherson Kansas, The Cedars is the oldest, continuous-operating retirement community in the state of Kansas with over 125 years of operation. The Cedars’ mission is to provide a comprehensive health and wellness service with quality living options in a compassionate Christian environment.
CEO responsibilities include: submitting monthly reports to the Board of Directors, providing leadership, direction and administration of all aspects of The Cedars operations, and strategic direction of The Cedars to ensure its long-term operational success.
REQUIREMENTS for applicants include:
1.) bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred),
2.) three or more years of managerial experience in a life-care community, and
3.) working knowledge of administrative practices and procedures; and state, federal and local long-term care laws and regulations.
PREFERENCES for applicants include:
1.) Nursing Home Administrator license (active or inactive),
2.) evidence of current understanding of the complexities in the senior living industry,
3.) evidence of expertise in organizational alignment to meet market demands in keeping with the mission of The Cedars,
4.) experience in non-profit environments, and
5.) familiarity with the Church of the Brethren and Free Methodist denominations.
(The Cedars is a Church of the Brethren organization which is also affiliated with the Free Methodist Church).
Apply online to The Cedars Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. A completed application will include:
1. Cover letter of application addressing the qualifications and preferences identified above
2. One-page statement of management philosophy
Free Methodist World Ministries Center - Job Opportunities
Other church employment opportunities
Wallenpaupack Free Methodist Church - Youth Pastor
We are looking to hire an exemplary Youth Pastor to lead and guide our church’s middle and high school students as well as oversee children’s ministries. The Youth Pastor will strive to make help all students KNOW God in a life-transforming way, GROW in a relationship with Him, and GO and tell that story to others. You will attend student functions at schools and home school events, grow relationships with the education community and provide students and their families with biblical counseling.
To be successful in this position, you need to provide students with a place to belong that gives them the courage to be different and resilient to unhealthy peer pressure. Ideal candidates have a proficient understanding of the challenges young people face, and are compassionate.
Youth Pastor Responsibilities:
Attending and participating in staff meetings.Overseeing, growing and coordinating church’s youth ministry.
Designing, overseeing and examining curriculum for all programs, events and classes.
Leading middle and high school students to encourage their spiritual growth.
Interacting with students during Sunday services.
Developing positive relationships with students and their parents.
Sharing program plans through social media.
Displaying Christ-like approach and lifestyle, and praying regularly for young people in the church and community.
Incorporating youth into various church ministries for His use.
Growing students who are interested in the knowledge of God and His Word.
Recruitment, training, and encouragement of volunteer staff.
Youth Pastor Requirements:
Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
Bachelor’s degree in theology, biblical studies or youth ministry.
Previous youth ministry experience.
Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people.
Excellent computer skills, and proficiency with social media.
Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
Excellent organizational skills.
Affinity for young people.
Ability to lead by example.
Available to work occasional extended hours, evenings, over weekends and public holidays, and on short notice.
Please send resume to email@example.com
We intend to close this posting and no longer receive applications as of Friday, July 31, 2020
Sonshine Kids’ Daycare Director
Sonshine Kids’ Daycare is a ministry of the Bad Axe Free Methodist Church and an outreach to the surrounding Thumb community. Currently the daycare serves 148 children (six weeks to twelve years old), 92 families and employs a staff of 26. The Director will oversee each child’s daily needs, ensuring the highest quality care and ensuring that the center is functioning at the highest ministry and professional levels possible.
All staff are accountable to the Bad Axe Free Methodist Church Senior Pastor and the Pastor’s Team. The director also has an accountability to and collaborative relationship with the Sonshine Kids’ Daycare Board.
• Born-again believer in Jesus Christ with a passion for working with children
• Strong knowledge of child development and at least two years’ experience of working with children
• Education coursework in Early Childhood or Child Development as required by the State of Michigan Licensing https://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-89334_63294_5529_49572_49575_62288-283093–,00.html
• Able to pass a background check
• Reflect the mission, vision, and values of the Free Methodist Church in leadership and personal spiritual life
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and public relation skills with all people
• Maintain confidentiality at all times
• Provide leadership to all general aspects of Sonshine Kids’ Daycare, including, but not limited to, staff supervision, creative vision, curriculum decisions (in collaboration with the Bad Axe Free Methodist Children’s Ministry Pastor) and communication (parents, parishioners, public)
• Nurture a safe and professional environment that ministers to every child’s spiritual, social, emotional and physical needs in a non-discriminatory manner
• Be accurate, efficient, and timely in compliance of all Center policies, procedures, and all of the State of Michigan Licensing Rules for Child Care Centers
• Inform the Board of Directors of when and/or if any changes need to be implemented
• Provide leadership for Sonshine Kids’ Daycare to act as an effective outreach of the Bad Axe Free Methodist Church in the local community
Salary: TBD in respect to education and experience
Send resume to: Senior Pastor Jerry Sutton
Bad Axe Free Methodist Church
165 Pigeon Road
Bad Axe, MI 48413
Multiply Midwest (North Central Conference Church Planting Department) - Church Planting Director
The North Central Conference is looking for church planters with ministry experience, who are interested in using a proven ministry model to plant within the Midwestern U.S. We are looking for self-starters with high energy, strong commitment, deep passion for souls and a track record of fruitfulness. For the right planters we provide assessment, training, coaching and some financial support.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We intend on closing applications and resumes as of June 1 , 2020.
"The Edge" Free Methodist Church - Lead Pastor
Lead Pastor for healthy, medium sized church, including a good number of younger professional families. Contemporary in worship style. Congregation has-well-kept property in an easily accessible suburban location, and many good leaders/workers, including three Conference for Ministerial Candidates. Needs pastor with good Wesleyan orientation and strong preaching ability, with proven ability to mobilize Christians for effective evangelistic outreach and community ministry.
Respond by email to MAC21@att.net
We intend on closing this posting and no longer receive applications as of March 30, 2020.
Grace First Free Methodist Church - Full time Senior Pastor
A full-time pastor is being sought for the Grace Free Methodist Church of McConnell, Illinois. This congregation has an average attendance of 65 for their blended-style worship service – worshiping in a sanctuary that seats 125. In addition to worship services, the church has ministries for children, youth, and adults.
McConnell is an unincorporated community of about 300 persons in Waddams Township in Stephenson County, Illinois, and is located about 5 miles southwest of Orangeville, IL. Another 3,000 persons live in nearby communities.
A caring pastor who can provide practical and insightful Biblical messages, who can equip individuals for ministry, and who is able to reach out to new families in this rural setting is being sought. A parsonage, utilities, and full-time salary are provided for the pastor. To apply, send your resume and the completed application to Supt. Mike Hopper at email@example.com
We intend on closing applications and resumes as of June 1 , 2020.
Cedarcrest First Free Methodist Church - Part-Time Senior Pastor
A part-time pastor is being sought for the Cedarcrest Free Methodist Church of Bloomington, Minnesota. This congregation has an average attendance of 30 for their blended-style worship service – worshiping in a sanctuary that seats 150. This congregation has been involved in extensive ministry to the needy in the Minneapolis-St. Paul Metro area.
Bloomington (located in Hennepin County) is the fifth largest city in the state of Minnesota. It lies 10 miles south of downtown Minneapolis, and has a population of about 85,000, and is serviced by two major freeways, Interstate 35W and Interstate 494. Bloomington has more jobs per capita than either Minneapolis or Saint Paul, due to the United States’ largest enclosed shopping center, the Mall of America, and the only IKEA in Minnesota.
A caring pastor who can provide practical and insightful Biblical messages, who can equip individuals for ministry, and who is able to reach out to new families is being sought. Ability to lead worship would be a plus. A part-time salary is provided for the pastor. To apply, send your resume and the completed application to Supt. Mike Hopper at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will no longer be accepting applications or resumes as of June 1, 2020.
Spring Arbor Free Methodist Church - Pastor of Worship Arts
The mission of the Spring Arbor Free Methodist Church is to help people become fully devoted followers of Jesus – to make disciples who make disciples. We express that mission in our love for God (Worship), our love for each other (Connect), and our love for a lost world (Serve).
The Pastor of Worship Arts (PWA) serves this mission by creating, leading, and directing God-honoring corporate worship that engages the entire Body of Christ and welcomes those seeking to know Him. This position will work with the Lead Pastor and teaching teams to create a worship experience that deepens our experience with God and furthers personal and corporate transformation.
- Recruit and train effective teams, including vocalists and instrumentalists, stage managers and design, tech and streaming teams, and other creative teams
- Develop and cast vision for a variety of worship experiences
- Oversee purchase and organization of worship arts equipment, resources, music, etc
- Compose the Worship Arts annual budget and monitor expenses throughout the year
- The Pastor of Worship Arts is part of the staff Leadership team
- Supervise the Audio/Lighting Director
- Supervise any other Worship Arts staff team members
- Attend Leadership Team and All-Staff Meetings
- Lead the Sunday evening worship service through scheduling speakers and worship leaders
As PWA, you are expected to participate in the mission of the church, be supportive of the leadership, and work to preserve the unity of the Body.
Conduct yourself according to the expectations and values expressed in the SAFMC Employee Handbook. This includes the following:
- As a spiritual leader in the church, take responsibility for your own personal spiritual growth through the practice of appropriate spiritual disciplines
- In the following order of priority, tend to the spiritual health of your heart before God, the health and strength of your marriage and family, and the clarity and effectiveness of your vocational commitment to SAFMC
- Model in attitude, speech, and actions a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Follow the Matthew 18 model on conflict resolution involving other church staff and members of the congregation
- Work to enhance your professional and personal skills through ongoing seminars, conferences, or workshops in consultation with the Lead Pastor
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in music, worship arts, and technical/production needs
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading in worship
- Demonstrate leadership ability to recruit, train, and encourage teams and volunteers
- Possess good communication skills
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
- Meet together regularly for encouragement and reporting
- Undergo annual or semi-annual evaluations
- Develop plans for professional development
- Time off requests
Salary, full time
Interested applicants should email their resumes to Brad Wilcox at email@example.com
Oakdale Christian Academy - Associate Director of Advancement
Assist in all fundraising and public relations efforts for the school; supervise the admissions process and personnel.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the associate director of advancement include the following:
• Assist in fundraising for current fund and special projects.
• Coordinate with the president in strategies for solicitation.
• Coordinate fundraising activities leading to funding the annual expenses of the school.
• Conduct personal cultivation and solicitation with current and prospective donors.
• Represent the institution at churches and denominational conferences.
• Provide input to the production of the Oakleaf Newsletter, the Monday Memo, and social media platforms.
• Give oversight to the admissions process and supervise admissions personnel.
• Coordinate ministry team activities.
• Assist in database management issues related to gift accounting & reporting.
• Ensure that gift receipts and gift in-kind letters are sent on a timely manner.
• Assist with grant proposals for foundations and other major donor prospects.
• Write press releases for print media and radio.
• Coordinate homecoming activities.
• Assist in public relations activities.
• Assist in the coordination of work teams.
• Assist other office personnel in receiving campus guests and answering incoming calls.
• Other duties as assigned
Primary Contact: Daniel Fisher
Primary Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We intend on closing this posting and no longer receive applications as of :
Friday, January 31, 2020
Jackson Free Methodist Church – Worship Arts Tech Leader
General Overview: The Worship Arts Tech Leader is responsible for providing support and leadership to all tech leadership teams and all the traditional worship teams, to ensure quality and effectiveness of worship in both the contemporary and traditional services.
Hours Per Week: Full Time / Salary
Accountability: Reports directly to the Director of Operations. He/she will receive an annual review reported to the Pastoral Care and Personnel Committee.
- Must be firmly committed to the Lord and must make every effort to grow in their relationship with Jesus.
- Must agree with the practice lifestyle standards consistent with the JFM leadership covenant.
- Must have a passion to see people move and grow in their love for God and others through the avenue of worship.
- Must have a heart to shepherd and equip others to lead to their fullest potential.
- Must be skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Must have an expertise in the use of technology in worship; including sound, lighting, presentation, and video projection.
- Must be a self-starter, and someone who needs little supervision.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Must be a team builder and developer of leaders
- Oversee and administrate all areas of Worship Arts, including AVL (Audio, Video, Lighting, Production, and ProPresenter), and traditional Worship Leaders for services and venues.
- Will evaluate and provide development to traditional worship service team members.
- Will create clear job descriptions and help every team member understand their role within the Worship Arts Ministry and how their role fulfills the vision of worship.
- Will oversee and lead all technical training to ensure that every volunteer is adequately equipped and prepared to lead with excellence.
- Will facilitate and lead monthly WALT meetings
- Will be a conduit of effective communication between all areas within the Worship Arts team.
- Will work alongside the Worship Arts Team Leader to support the vision and value of corporate worship.
- Will be a team builder: Recruiting and equipping teams of people to support the current and future Worship Art’s needs.
- Will equip leaders and ministry participates for individual group both in skill and in spiritual growth.
- Will serve as a member of the communication team to provide direction to JFM’s messaging and the communication process JFM uses to ensure congregation engagement.
- Will build planning Center with pertinent service information each week so that every person involved in the service will have all the details needed to serve well.
- Will work with the Lead Pastor and Worship Team Leaders to plan services incorporating prayer, scripture, specials, videos, and other create arts elements to help people enter the presence of God.
- Will work with Worship and Tech leaders to schedule individuals and teams functioning as the lead producer with an eye on the big picture of each service.
- Will oversee and provide tech support as needed for all JFM events requiring it.
- Will attend weekly staff meetings as part of the executive team.
- Will organize, maintain, and oversee the Worship Arts tech budgets including the purchase of new equipment as it fits into the direction and vision of the ministry as a whole.
Social Media & Web Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Develop and utilize team to help carry out these objectives
- Build meaningful connections and encourage community members through dialog and messaging
- Track and analyze analytic reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes
- Collaborate with other departments to manage church reputation, coordinate promotions, and increase reach
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
Video Production Duties and Responsibilities
DEFINITION. Under general direction, plans and facilitates studio and field-based video production work, including the planning, filming, editing, sound mixing, graphic design and compression output and distribution of a wide range of products, and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Oversee or function as producer of weekend services
- Responsible for the maintenance of all technical equipment on the campuses
- Responsible for planning, designing, and installing equipment upgrades and new equipment throughout all campuses
- Recruit, lead, and provide ongoing training and development of volunteer/employed video staff
- Responsible for the discipleship of the team
- Responsible for setting and tracking the annual technical ministry’s budget
Interested applicants should email a resume to Brent Hall at Bhall@jfmchurch.org.
Free Methodist Church of Henriette , Minnesota - Senior Pastor
A part-time pastor is being sought for the Free Methodist Church in Henriette, Minnesota. This congregation has an average attendance of 40 persons for their blended-style worship service – worshiping in a sanctuary that seats 150. In addition to worship services, the church has a men’s ministry, a women’s ministry, children activities, and adult Bible study.
The village of Henriette, formerly called Cornell, was named for a local sawmill of that name; the village developed around the depot of the Eastern Railway Company of Minnesota. It was incorporated as a village in 1920. It is located in Pine County, about 70 miles north of Minneapolis-St. Paul. Minnesota State Highway 107 and County 11 are two of the main routes in the community.
A caring pastor / shepherd who can provide practical and insightful Biblical messages, who can equip individuals for ministry, and who is able to reach out to new families in the area is being sought. Musical giftedness would also be a plus. A parsonage, utilities, and part-time salary are provided for the pastor. To apply, send your resume and the completed application to Supt. Mike Hopper at email@example.com.
Azusa Pacific University – President
Located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California, Azusa Pacific University (APU) is a growing, comprehensive, evangelical Christian university with more than 10,000 students and 55,000 alumni served by 1,400 faculty and staff across 8 locations. As a flagship institution in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution and recognized annually as one of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report, APU offers more than 100 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs on campus and online.
APU needs a leader who will continue to align with its established Four Cornerstones: Christ, Scholarship, Community, and Service and consequently guide the constituents into greater clarity surrounding its identity and focus for the future.
For the complete position profile, visit: https://carterbaldwin.com/opportunities/apu-pres/
Applications and nominations will be accepted until a new president is appointed. For most favorable consideration, applicants must submit a curriculum vitae and a letter of interest. All nominations, expressions of interest, and applications will be handled with complete confidentiality and should be submitted directly to APUpresident@carterbaldwin.com.
For the complete position profile, visit: https://carterbaldwin.com/opportunities/apu-pres/
We will receive applications until the position is filled.
Hillside FMC of Evanston, IL – Senior Pastor
A full-time pastor is being sought for the Hillside Free Methodist Church in Evanston, Illinois. This congregation – whose current pastor is retiring – has an average attendance for their blended-style worship service of 40 – worshiping in a sanctuary that seats 180. In addition to worship services, the church has ministries for children, youth, and adults during the week, and provides a food pantry that serves about 2,000 families each month.
Evanston is located about 12 miles north of downtown Chicago (bordered by Chicago to the south, Skokie to the west, and Wilmette to the north) and has a population of about 75,000. This North Shore community is the home of Northwestern University, and also located within the city limits are two top-flight medical centers – Evanston Hospital and Presence Saint Francis Hospital. The median household income in Evanston is more than $70,000.
A well-educated pastor who can provide practical and insightful Biblical messages, who can equip and empower individuals for ministry, and who is able to reach out to new families in a diverse community is being sought. A parsonage, utilities, and full-time salary are provided for the pastor. To apply, send your resume and the completed application to Supt. Mike Hopper at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawrence Free Methodist Church – worship leader (part time)
Lawrence Free Methodist Church is located in Lawrence, KS about 30 miles west of Kansas City. LFMC is part of the Great Plains Conference of the Free Methodist Church in North America, and is also a member of the Willow Creek Association. The church is led by Senior Pastor Alex Alexander who has been on staff for a year. Each weekend, the church sees approximately 450 people during their 8:30a traditional service, and their 10:30a contemporary worship service.
Currently, the church is looking to hire a part time worship leader to lead their contemporary worship services and help shepherd and grow the worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity to develop a church worship culture. Below are the responsibilities and qualifications outlined for this position:
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide leadership, vision, and passion in the area of worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision and mission of LFMC.
Take the lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities which align with the mission and vision at LFMC.
Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create well-planned and engaging Sunday worship services.
Prepare and lead all rehearsals and soundchecks.
Lead the Sunday worship service.
Oversee the worship team.
Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
If available, attend weekly staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church. If not available, coordinate a time for a weekly meeting with the Lead Pastor.
Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services. Based on availability.
Work with the Senior Pastor and staff of any pertinent situations that arise regarding the worship ministry.
General pastoral responsibilities shared by the team and other duties as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be a born-again Christian.
Meeting the 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5 qualifications for church leaders.
Commitment to LFMC’s doctrine, vision, values, and beliefs.
Commitment to a team approach to ministry.
Relational style of leadership and ministry.
Joyful spirit and good sense of humor.
Able to work without direct supervision.
Proficiency to lead worship both vocally and with a guitar and/or keyboard.
Experience in leading worship in a contemporary setting.
GED or High School Diploma required, continued education preferred.
HOURS: It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 15 hours per week.
Please describe how you want potential applicants to respond to you.
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com.
Grayling FM Church – Youth Director
Purpose: We are looking for a full time youth Director who will help our church reach the young people of our community to take our youth group and church to the next level.
To accomplish this the candidate will disciple our young and senior teens, training them to influence their friends and family for Christ.
We believe that full time ministry is 45 + hours per week. We believe this to be important as our people work these hours and we expect our people to volunteer on top of that. Staff need to set the pace.
Lead and organize effective youth ministry implementing fellowship, biblical teaching, evangelism and discipleship.
Create local servant ministry opportunities and mission opportunities
Recruit and train volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities
Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis
Facilitate communication with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities
Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement
Support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other staff
Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion
Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally inter-generational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries, as well as participating in ministries to the community
Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
In order to build relationships with teens inside and outside the church we expect the candidate to attend sports events, plays and other activities open to the public 2 to 3 times per week
Because we are not convinced that our current teen ministry group is large enough to keep a youth pastor busy 45 hours per week, we will build secondary responsibilities around the candidates strengths and giftedness
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life
One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field, experience in youth ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Tim 3:1-7)
One who loves young people and has a passion for seeing people come to Christ and to grow in Him, both personally and at the ministry level
A capable teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with the Free Methodist Church’s Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision.
A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents and staff
Any equivalent combination of educational or work experience and personal abilities and giftedness which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities can be substituted for the above requirements
Total Package $ 41,600.00
This package consist of gross Wages $ 28,000.00 cash
Housing & utilities provided value $ 13,600.00
Allowance toward health insurance if needed.
Contact Pastor Robert Marshall
11921 Fascination Drive
Frederic, MI 49733
Foothill Community Church – Lead Pastor
This healthy, multi-staffed, mid-sized church located in Butte County is looking for a biblically grounded, spirit-led, leader and communicator of good news able to build bridges in new ways to reach the next generation while developing systems of care for existing members of the congregation.
Please see full description, download application and make contact via:
Primary address: 234 Sierra Canyon Drive
Colfax, CA 95713
Rainier Avenue Church – Children’s and Outreach Pastor
Position Overview: Children’s Ministry and Outreach Pastor
- Position Purpose:
This person will be an energizing champion for the presence and growth of children in the body of Christ both at RAC and in our neighborhood. Provide pastoral leadership for ministry to children birth through 5th grade to facilitate a nurturing faith environment for children and their families of all backgrounds and developmental stages; relational presence who speaks truth in love to help children & families thrive. Empowers parents and lay leaders to disciple children’s faith in Christ and cultivates contagious enthusiasm to reach out to children both in and outside of RAC.
Qualifications: 1. Christian maturity and a continued nurturing of a personal relationship with Jesus.
- Discerned calling towards children’s ministry and a love for the local church.
- Experience in children’s ministry or comparable educational settings preferred.
- Passion for and demonstrated experience in reaching out to local neighborhood and teaching children about justice and reconciliation.
- Experience working cross-culturally, as well as a full commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and racial reconciliation as biblical values.
- Demonstrated history of working well with others in a team environment.
- Proven organizational skills, ability to manage people, take initiative to carry out an established vision.
- Emotionally and spiritually attuned to empathize with needs of children and families.
- Understanding of Wesleyan theology and willingness to engage in Free Methodist life (ordination in Free Methodist Church preferred, or commitment to pursue ordination within two years of start date).
- Bachelor’s Degree required, graduate degree in Theology or Pastoral Work, children’s education or other related fields desired.
- Lead Elementary (K-5th) ministry and provide oversight and administrative oversight to volunteer teams running Nursery and Preschool ministry.
- Create and/or select curricula that teach children the basics of Christian faith in keeping with Rainier Avenue Church’s understanding of our calling; focusing on Bible stories, songs, and creative activities.
- Provide pastoral leadership to all Children’s ministry volunteers including recruiting, training, scheduling, equipping and evaluating volunteer staff of all Children’s ministries.
- Foster intergenerational relationships and worship experiences for children through occasional special participation in elements of the adult service, volunteer recruitment, and other creative strategies.
- Develop and support parents as primary disciplers of their children.
- Enhance vision and create opportunities for the church to reach out to serve and build relationships with children and their families in our neighborhood.
- Collaborate with lay leaders and parents to create outreach to children and families in our neighborhood (could be through seasonal events, partnership with schools, etc) that mobilizes our church to serve our community consistent with our church’s values.
- Implement a children’s curriculum that integrates a biblical understanding of justice and reconciliation; collaborate with parents’ staff and other ministries/partners.
- Champion the children’s ministries of the church by engaging church members in service to children both at RAC and in our neighborhood.
- Participate as a staff person of Rainier Avenue including weekly prayer and planning meetings and all-staff events throughout the year.
- Plan, propose and oversee annual budgets and operational functioning of the Children’s ministries.
- Ensure the regular distribution of children’s curriculum.
- Coordinate all volunteer scheduling, train volunteer in best practices and Abuse Prevention Policy compliance.
- Record, track and update all necessary information (attendance, demographic data, etc.) in Church Community Builder, the church’s database.
- Maintain supply room, supplies and snacks in children’s ministry rooms.
- Ensure that Children’s rooms and spaces are prepared for all events that involve either Children’s ministry programming and/or events.
- Other Pastoral responsibilities pastoral care for congregation members, preaching 1-2 times per year, etc. as needed.
- Organizational Relationships:
- Report directly to the Executive Pastor under general oversight from the Board and Lead pastor.
- Will work collaboratively with Urban Impact Hub Director for all outreach ministry initiatives
- Maintain a working relationship with other staff and collaborate on all church events as needed.
- Cultivate healthy and supportive relationships with Preschool and Elementary volunteers and with members of RAC congregation.
- Must pass a background check.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and use of email needed for coordinating projects and budgets.
3. Regular attendance at Sunday worship and
Good News Free Methodist Church – Ministry Group Coordinator
The Ministry Group Coordinator is a part-time position in professional ministry entrusted with responsibilities to develop and guide ministry groups for children, youth and adults at Good News Church. Good News Church is an intergenerational church with an average weekly attendance of 82. There is currently one children’s ministry hour that subdivides into a younger group and an older group, two youth ministry groups (middle school and high school), a young adult connect group, and four other adult groups. The primary responsibility of this position, under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, is to mobilize and empower ministry groups that make disciples of Jesus.
Employment Status: Part-time, hourly, at will Position Available: 1-1-19
Compensation: $15-20 per hour, typically 24 hours/week
Benefits: Two weeks of paid vacation per year. Five paid holidays per year taken flexibly.
applicants please respond by emailing your resume’s to firstname.lastname@example.org – attn: Pastor Al Sones
We intend on closing this posting and no longer receive applications as of Sunday, June 30, 2019
Northgate Free Methodist Church – Children’s Ministry Director (full-time)
Northgate Free Methodist Church (Batavia, N.Y.) seeks a full-time Children’s Ministry Director to serve in the growth and development of our Children’s Ministry department.
-Job Objective is to cultivate, grow and maintain strong ministries for the children of Northgate and their families and to create paths to connection with the unchurched community.
-Age groups the position will be responsible for are nursery through Elementary School.
What are we looking for in this candidate? Ideally this individual will have prior experience with early childhood ministries. In addition, we are looking for someone who is a self-starter, who is capable of developing meaningful relationships with staff/volunteers, who is dynamic in their leadership style and capable of implementing the ministry vision of the church in their assigned department. Most of all, we would like to find someone who is passionate about helping children learn about Jesus!
Please direct email inquiries, resume, and three letters of reference (as PDF attachments) to Pastor Vern Saile at email@example.com
Formal Job Description is available upon request. Write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Genesis Conference – Church Planters
Church Planters wanted!
The Genesis Conference is looking for church planters with proven ministry experience for attractional-model planting throughout western New York state. High energy, high commitment, passion for the Lord and for ministry, with a track record of growth is needed. For the right planters we will assess, train, and coach, with some financial support.
Primary Contact Email: email@example.com
Please email your resume and a cover letter.
Venice Free Methodist Church – Youth Director
Part-Time Youth Ministry Director:
Up to 28 Hours per week (may be more, depending on the season)
Position Overview: The primary role of the Youth Director is to develop a ministry environment and program that is consistent with the vision and mission statements of the church and youth ministry (described below). The Youth Director works directly with students in 6th – 12th grade, the youth staff, and the parents of the youth to share and implement the vision and mission of the Youth Ministry program.
The application is available for download at the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C4Mf13gDmInwqfNRGMYPcN93gVeyq9VH/view?usp=sharing
Please print out the application, complete it, and mail it along with a cover letter/résumé to the following address:
Venice Free Methodist Church
4871 Centinela Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90066
We will review your application and notify you if we would like to schedule an in person interview.
Bachelor’s degree preferred (or working towards one), High School diploma required.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in youth ministry.
Current driver’s license.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Applicants must be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations.
Midwest City FMC – Director of Youth Ministries
Purpose: To work with the entire church in leading middle school and high school students to faith in Christ, and helping youth grow in Christian maturity, through: development and administration of programs; building relationships; and recruiting, equipping and overseeing volunteer workers and possible school interns.
Responsible to: Senior Pastor and Director of Christian Education
Description of Duties:
• Designing Wednesday evening worship/fellowship/teaching meetings
• Planning monthly special weekend activities for teens, and possible after-school programs, in addition to being a key part of the planning and direction of a
summer camping experience
• Mentoring or encouraging teens who need particular encouragement with spiritual, social, or academic issues, or assisting others to do so
• Teaching a teen Sunday School class
• Finding new ways of connecting youth from otherwise unchurched homes with the teen group and the church as a whole
• Helping to build bridges of friendship to parents and siblings of otherwise unchurched youth in the group, for the sake of Christ and the church.
• Interacting with nearby Christian colleges to discover potential interns to assist in the ministry here, and to help expose our youth to options for their
The position is designed for about 25 hours per week with potential to be full-time.
Salary negotiable, based on experience, training, weekly hours committed, and other factors. Remuneration package will include full use of church-owned parsonage near the church facility. Schedule can be somewhat flexible to allow for further degree study,
either online or in one of the nearby universities or seminaries.
Cedarcrest Church – Outreach Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Supervises: At times will be required to supervise volunteers, staff and/or interns
Status: Full Time – Personal Support Raising required
Position Summary: This is a practitioner ministry position that enables one to develop, practice and
strengthen their job and ministry skillsets. Our objective is to offer a platform of opportunities that
include the following: Evangelism/Discipleship, Service Learning, Church and/or Pastoral Leadership,
Cross-Cultural Ministry and Partnership Engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Lead or assist with all facets of our ministry including First Stop drop-in center, Shoe Away
Hunger, Food programs, and Holiday Help.
Lead or assist with Christian ministry to those in need, to our partner ministries and to offer key
servant leadership, prayer and teaching support to the Cedarcrest Church congregation.
Learn, develop and practice skills such as customer service, donor engagement and retention,
Grant writing/Reporting, fundraising, social media, web content management, data collection and
reports, resource procurement and food ordering, safety training, inventory management, etc.
Lead or assist with customer service, deliveries, pick-ups, cleaning and facility care.
Our preference is for someone that has completed post-secondary education.
A growing believer with a call to Christian ministry who embraces our mission, vision, and values.
Faithful, available and teachable. This includes the ability to maintain a can-do, positive attitude and a willingness to contribute toward the health and betterment of our organizational culture.
A team player that is hardworking and flexible amid varying work activities and schedule.
Must be missional in perspective with the ability to connect with the community and successfully.
Adapt to change while maintaining a proper balance between personal life, work and ministry.
Must actively attend services and engage with the Cedarcrest Church community.
Must exercise consistent and good judgement. Must adhere to all safety requirements and best practices. Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Must have transportation and be willing to drive company vehicles or receive training for such.
40+ hours per week including evening, weekend, or special events.
This position is a support raising position subject to GITH administrative support and policies.
Personal time according to employee handbook.
Ability to effectively communicate with both individuals & groups.
Ability to physically and emotionally support program initiatives.
For more details, please contact Pastor Shawn Morrison at http://firstname.lastname@example.org
Asbury University – President
As a Christian Liberal Arts University in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition, Asbury equips students, through academic excellence and spiritual vitality, for lifelong learning, leadership and service to the professions, society, the family and the Church, preparing them to engage their cultures and advance the cause of Christ around the world. The campus is located 20 minutes southwest of Lexington in Wilmore, Kentucky. The University’s 1,956 students come from 41 states and 35 foreign nations, with more than 80 percent of them living on campus.
The new president will be expected to both preserve and advance the University’s mission while providing compelling vision, priority, and direction for the academic initiatives included in the Imagine 2022: Faithful Change strategic plan.
For the complete position profile, visit: https://carterbaldwin.com/opportunities/asb-pres/
For more information about the University, visit the Asbury University website at https://www.asbury.edu/
Applications and nominations will be accepted until a new president is appointed. For most favorable consideration, applicants must submit a curriculum vitae and a letter of interest. All nominations, expressions of interest, and applications will be handled with complete confidentiality and should be submitted directly to AsburyPresident@carterbaldwin.com.
We will receive applications until the position is filled.
Oakdale Christian Academy - Science Teacher with Biology and/or Chemistry emphasis
Due to rapid growth Oakdale Christian Academy is looking to fill some key positions for the upcoming academic year. https://oakdalechristian.org/employment/
Position Opening: Science Teacher with Biology and/or Chemistry emphasis
Oakdale Christian Academy has a teaching position opening in the area of biology and/or chemistry. May also include teaching in other areas of science. Personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is essential.
TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION
Teachers report to the principal of the school, who reports to the school president.
Primary Job Summary: Performs the duties of a classroom educator in accordance with the following guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Plan and execute lessons as a classroom educator.
Maintain sufficient mastery of academic material to challenge, inspire, and educate students in a classroom setting.
Establish and maintains an effective learning climate in the classroom.
Help to monitor and supervise all students whether on school property or on field trips of any nature.
Assist in the supervision and utilization of academic support services: (e.g. library, computer lab, evening study halls)
Supervise the use of classroom academic facilities and materials.
Assist in the formulation and institution of policies and regulations.
Submit all appropriate paperwork including academic and effort grades, attendance information, reports of negative behavior, explanations of failing grades, etc.
Related Responsibilities: Classroom discipline, academic incentives, tardiness records and policies, grading records and procedures, study halls, computer resources, library, yearbook, academic field trips, school notes.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in biology and/or chemistry is required. Although teacher certification and/or an education degree is preferred, neither is required. The successful candidate will be ready to pursue and maintain training and certification through ACSI or an equivalent certifying body, however.
Please describe how you want potential applicants to respond to you.
Please respond by completing the application to be found at https://oakdalechristian.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-Staff-Application-Form.pdf
Please forward application, resume, and letter of interest along with a copy of your academic transcript to email@example.com or by mail to 5801 Beattyville Rd. Jackson, KY 41339
Additional information of interest to applicants.
Applicants are required to:
Attend chapel and church services.
Attend teachers’ meetings
Assist in apportioning the academic portion of the general operating budget.
Pursue professional development with particular regard to academic qualifications and improved teaching skills.
Evaluate and make recommendations regarding classroom curriculum.
Keep the principal informed about activities and problems related to the academic program.
Participate in the accreditation process.
Keep abreast of the changes and developments in the profession by attending professional meeting, reading professional journals and other publications, and discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Is responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of the classroom. Responsibilities include teaching, evaluation, and assessment of students, as well as disciplining students, addressing their complaints and resolving problems.
Supplemental Ministry: All staff are expected to participate in areas of the Oakdale ministry beyond the confines of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities as listed above.