Part-time 15 hours per week
Reports to: Lead Pastor
The primary responsibilities of the part-time worship leader will be to lead and grow the music ministry of the John Wesley Free Methodist Church, with a passion for music and visual arts. This person should thrive in a ministry environment involving collaboration with the ministry team, invention, and imagination for an international blended time of worship that exalts God.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the lead pastor, lead worship for the Sunday morning service and facilitate the Sunday morning congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
- In collaboration with the lead pastor, select all elements for Sunday morning worship (including songs, music, video, etc.) Prepare and distribute an “order of worship” to those involved in the Sunday morning activities.
- In collaboration with the lead pastor design, schedule, and lead special services (i.e. Good Friday, Christmas Eve, and concerts).
- Lead worship team practices. Prepare music for worship team as needed.
- Choose videos for Sunday morning worship and other events as time allows.
- Prepare the presentation software visuals for use during Sunday morning worship.
- Recruit, schedule, develop and mentor volunteer A/V and Worship Team members/musicians.
- Prepare, edit, and produce the Sunday morning sermon for publication (online and/or CD).
Interested individuals should contact Pastor Kenny Martin at Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org or cell phone #240-461-4039.