The Web Architect is responsible for developing and maintaining a multisite network of public-facing websites. This person will lead the implementation of website designs conceptualized by the graphics team with CSS and HTML and develop website architecture and functionality in conjunction with stakeholder departments as needed for each project. Additionally, they will work closely within the Communications and IT departments regarding web technology support, implementation, and website security. The Web Architect will produce a phase-by- phase timeline for various projects, plan website maintenance and required overhaul as assigned, and refresh sites’ “look and feel” yearly in accordance with marketing strategies. They will work with Operations Manager(s), Editor, Graphic Designers, and IT department to establish policies guidelines for website.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
• Project advancement, evaluation and timeline creation
• Web network requirements/needs analysis
• Organization and sitemap/wireframe creation
• WordPress CMS website development and SharePoint Development
• Website design, implementation, and deployment
• Code creation and maintenance—compose HTML, CSS, PHP, ASPX
• Website and network maintenance
• Change implementation management and development
• Codex (manual) maintenance and oversight
• Training of content managers in various partners and department
• Online store management and maintenance
• User interface testing, troubleshooting, and repairs
• Identification and implementation of web standards, including security
• DNS management and updates for network
Position must be able to manage multiple websites simultaneously. Must be proficient in writing and editing HTML and CSS code and be able to troubleshoot current web standards. Experience customizing WordPress themes and building WordPress sites as content management systems is an advantage. Deep knowledge and experience with creating large, multifaceted websites for various audiences.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DEMONSTRATED ABILITIES/SKILLS
• High-level organization skills, including information architecture and filing
• Excellent ability to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences
• Ability to multi-task daily and manage time efficiently
• Ability to meet project deadlines and work under pressure
• Ability to foresee and identify potential issues and solicit suggestions for improvement
• Strong desire to produce quality work/results with excellent customer service provided
• Attention to detail, work processes and standards
• Regularly communicate (in person or via telephone, Skype, e-mail or similar tool) with Communications department and other partners/constituents to build relationships and community and to ensure progress on projects and objectives is continually achieved.
• Utilize and update tools such as Basecamp collaboration software to track progress toward project milestones and completion of relevant tasks, and track work time on a weekly basis to document accomplishments and quantify performance metrics.
• Bachelor’s degree in Web Architecture, technical or related field, or commensurate experience is preferred.
• Ability to work with a team and relational openness
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Foster positive working relationships with the team, organization, and customers
• Understands and communicates denominational values
• A Free Methodist background is helpful
Regularly required to talk, hear, see, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse and communicate via telephone and internet (including teleconferencing and videoconferencing). Vision requirements include the ability to navigate while traveling domestically. Requires long periods of sitting in front of a computer screen.
Interested individuals should submit an online application at: https://hr.fmcusa.org/employment-application including a resume and statement of faith.