We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic spiritual leader who can mentor, love, and teach our youth as the Director of Youth Ministries. This candidate will develop creative programming to engage, challenge, and grow existing opportunities for youth within our progressive Methodist community. The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for overseeing all aspects of programming for youth (6th – 12th grade) including program development and execution, leadership, and special events. This candidate would be both experienced in and passionate about meeting the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of youth while establishing a relationship with youth and their families. A successful candidate will be creative and imaginative when it comes to programming by enlisting community support, managing volunteer efforts (including mentoring volunteer teachers), and serving as a strategic partner with a vision and desire to grow the youth program and expand our community offerings.
This position is part-time but may be combined with the open Director of Children’s Ministries position and become a full-time position.
• Develop a youth program that supports the mission and vision of Park City Community Church, creating an engaging environment inspiring youth to learn more about themselves, their faith, and the world around them
• Work directly with youth through programming and mentorship while serving as the coordinator for youth programming, providing guidance and logistical support to staff and volunteers
• Responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of youth, coordinating weekly events including Sunday youth meetings, outdoor sporting events, volunteer meetings, etc.
• Develop and implement a vision for the youth program which is aligned with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church
• Craft written strategic plans for program excellence on an annual basis, creating achievable and measureable goals, managing budgets appropriately and communicating plans with church leadership
• Create and oversee meaningful special events such as mission trips, retreats, fundraisers, service projects, outreach events, etc.
• Build relationships with youth and their families through direct conversation, providing counsel and engaging with families in a variety of settings including those outside of the church setting such as youth sporting events, community programs, school events, etc.
• Recruit, train, and direct volunteers for a variety of engagements including executing youth programming and special event efforts
• Manage youth ministry staff including volunteer teachers, hosting regular meetings with church leadership
• Communicate regularly to youth, parents, church staff, etc. utilizing social media, the church website and other forums to advertise events and further the youth programming agenda
• Bachelors degree with 3+ years of work experience
• Beliefs consistent with the doctrine and practices of the United Methodist Church and Park City Community Church
• Applicant must possess strong program management, leadership, people and team-building skills as well as effective organization an communication skills
• Must be energetic and enthusiastic about participating in activities and building relationships with youth and their families
• Desire to invest in the community with an ability to inspire and lead by example
• Ability to serve as a spiritual role model and able to articulate one’s own faith journey
• Proficient with social media, basic computer competencies in Word, Excel, Power Point, and database management are required
• Ability to work independently with limited oversight
The position is part-time and benefits are not provided unless the position is combined with the open Director of Children’s Ministries position. In such case the position will be full-time and salaried with paid vacation as well as other benefits to be discussed with selected candidates. Park City, Utah is a family oriented community with diverse background, amazing resources and incredible outdoor adventuring. Park City was selected as one of Forbes Top Destinations for 2016, was voted “Best Town Ever” by Outside Magazine 2013 and was home to the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Tom Ward, SPRC Chair, at . You may also email questions to this address.
Tom Ward, SPRC Chair
Park City Community Church
4501 N. Highway 224
Park City, UT 84098
When intend to close this posting and no longer receive applications as of Thursday, January 4, 2018