The Designer is in charge of print and graphics design projects for the Communications department of the Free Methodist Church – USA at the World Ministries Center in Indianapolis, IN.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary designer for a monthly publication, Light and Life Magazine, and its Spanish counterpart, Revista Luz y Lida.
- Post magazine content online monthly.
- Design for any other print or graphics projects as needed.
- Keep up with industry trends and participate in knowledge exchanges with peers.
- Network with other Free Methodist communication professionals and department peers.
- Create and enforce proper branding protocols for FMCUSA, LIGHT+LIFE and related partners.
- Assist with enforcing the proper usage of logos, etc., to ensure that the outward face of the denomination remains strong and cohesive.
- Regularly communicate (in person or via telephone, Skype, e-mail or similar tool) with LIGHT+LIFE, WMC and other partners/constituents to ensure progress on projects and objectives is continually achieved.
- Utilize and regularly update tools such as Basecamp collaboration software to track progress toward project milestones and completion of relevant tasks, and track work time on a weekly basis to document accomplishments and quantify performance metrics.
- Manage other duties and responsibilities as assigned to ensure LIGHT+LIFE successfully accomplishes its departmental goals and objectives on behalf of the Kingdom.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DEMONSTRATED ABILITIES/SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphics design or commensurate experience is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in print and/or graphics design preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Strong portfolio showcasing both print and digital mediums.
- Basic knowledge of typography and aesthetics.
- Proficient in researching, tracking and organizing information.
- Knowledge of industry practices, techniques, resources and trends.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time, be flexible and handle multiple projects with varying deadlines in a multi-task environment.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal direction or supervision.
- Relates well to people; able to communicate and receive instructions precisely.
- Ability to work with a team and relational openness.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Fosters positive working relationships with the team, organization, constituents and vendors.
- Understands and communicates denominational values.
- A Free Methodist background is helpful.
Interested individuals should submit an online application at: https://hr.fmcusa.org/employment-application including a resume and statement of faith.