The Content Strategist will manage online written material for the organization. Responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve the organization’s goals, publishing a monthly newsletter, tracking website traffic and user engagement, and generating new blog post topics. He/she will need to bring creative ideas about how to engage with our audience online and have experience producing new content types. This position will ensure our web content is on brand and adds value to existing and potential customers/constituents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
• Develop and manage a content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term targets
• Manage our editorial calendar
• Assign online posts to writers
• Write copy for social media posts
• Create style guides to use as reference
• Ensure timeliness in various publications
• Identify gaps in our content + recommend new topics
• Coordinate with publisher and design team to design content
• Proofread and edit written pieces before publication deadlines
• Review and update published content as needed and/or assigned
• Monitor web traffic and engagement (conversions and bounce rates)
• Follow industry-related news and generate ideas around trending topics
• Regularly communicate (in person or via telephone, Skype, e-mail or similar tool) with
Communications department and other partners/constituents to build relationships and community
and to ensure progress on projects and objectives is continually achieved.
• Utilize and update tools such as Basecamp collaboration software to track progress toward project
milestones and completion of relevant tasks, and track work time on a weekly basis to document
accomplishments and quantify performance metrics.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DEMONSTRATED ABILITIES/SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, technical or related field,
or commensurate experience is preferred.
• Previous experience in a similar role
• A portfolio of articles in print and online
• Strong English copy writing and editing skills
• Knowledge of Content Management Systems
• Experience using social media for organizations
• Degree in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field
• Ability to work with a team and relational openness
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Fosters positive working relationships with the team, organization, constituents and vendors
• Understands and communicates denominational values
• A Free Methodist background is helpful
Regularly required to talk, hear, see, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse and communicate via telephone and internet (including teleconferencing and videoconferencing). Vision requirements include the ability to navigate while traveling domestically. Requires long periods of sitting in front of a computer screen.
Interested individuals should submit an online application at: https://hr.fmcusa.org/employment-application including a resume and statement of faith.