Department: International Child Care Ministries
The two main functions of this position are to support ICCM’s Finance Coordinator in the work of receipting and posting contributions and to oversee the process of transmitting children’s letters to their sponsors. This is a fast-paced position which will require high output and the ability to function well on a tightly-coordinated team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
• Oversee the team’s daily work of tabulating check donations and scanning them for bank deposit.
• Assist Finance Coordinator in preparing check batches for posting into the database; posting donations; printing and mailing receipts.
• Assist Finance Coordinator in posting donations from online sources: credit cards, EFTs, and bank bill pay services.
• Assist Finance Coordinator with procedures related to closing the month, including running the monthly delinquency list and mailing “friendly reminders”
to sponsors whose support has fallen behind.
• Assist Finance Coordinator in processing scholarship applications.
• Receive sponsored children’s letters from National Coordinators; oversee volunteers who proofread the letters; enter the letters’ dates into the
children’s records in the database; mail letters to sponsors.
• Collect sponsors’ letters to children into folders by country; at month-end, mail them to National Coordinators for distribution to children.
• Answer telephone inquiries from sponsors.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DEMONSTRATED ABILITIES/SKILLS
• Proven work experience in numerical data entry.
• Proficient skills, accuracy and speed, in use of the computer for capturing and recording data, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel,
email systems and internet browsers.
• Ability to organize and work with accuracy and speed for manually preparing envelopes.
• Ability to follow complex procedures which involve problem-solving and judgment.
• Flexibility as a team member, understanding that work flow and cross training will result in shared responsibilities and tasks that vary, based on other
team members’ availability.
• Customer service mindset when dealing with inquiries by phone or email.
• Ability to recruit and organize volunteers to proofread thousands of letters a year.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and juggle multiple time-sensitive tasks.
• Creative, positive, service-oriented attitude and willingness to learn and contribute.
• Highly motivated employee with intrinsic motivation to achieve excellent results.
• Team player who values harmony with co-workers in a Christian teamwork environment.
Regularly required to talk, hear, see, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and telephone. There is no special vision requirement.
Regular interaction with other employees and guests. The noise level in the office work environment is usually low.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
Interested individuals should submit an online application at: https://hr.fmcusa.org/employment-application including a resume and statement of faith.
[symple_button url=”https://hr.fmcusa.org/employment-application” color=”black” button_target=”_self”]Click Here to Apply[/symple_button]