Light + Life Communications of the Free Methodist Church – USA is seeking to employ a Department Administrator. Interested candidates can apply online at hr.fmcusa.org where you will fill out an online application and submit your resume. Resumes can also be sent to email@example.com.
The Department Administrator works diligently to organize and maintain required financial reporting, statistics, correspondence, and data related to the Communications Department of the FMC-USA. High attention to detail and professionalism, along with excellent and gracious interactive skills are required. In addition, the Department Administration will be responsible for the compilation of Annual Reporting Data from our churches across the USA, into a comprehensive record (typically the Year Book).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Carry out tasks as assigned by the Director of Communications, including, but not limited to:
• Updating email distribution lists for departmental and denominational email.
• Updating and tracking various kinds of data for events, projects, writers, employees.
• Email distribution through managed lists.
• Regular departmental email and written correspondence and phone calls.
• Copying, filing, printing and scanning documents
• Financial report compilations for departmental employees.
• Assisting with project management through Basecamp.
• Research needed for departmental correspondence.
• Making appointments, reserving meeting space, additional duties as needed.
• Collecting requested information from resources.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DEMONSTRATED ABILITIES/SKILLS
• A devoted Christ-follower, preferably with experience in or knowledge of the Free Methodist
• Exceptional, clear and articulate communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Solid command of Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Adobe InDesign
• High attention to detail.
• Self-motivated, able to see through tasks to completion in a timely manner.
• Gracious when interacting with the people we serve.
• A teachable spirit and willingness/ability to learn when required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Regularly required to talk, both in person and on the phone, with our employees, guests, and others we serve. Use of hands to operate computer and other office equipment. At times, but not regularly, may be required to carry, lift, or move boxes, books, papers, or files. Involves long periods of sitting or standing.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Regular interaction with other employees and guests. The noise level in the work environment is low.