Interested in making a difference? We have a great atmosphere working on things that matter at the denominational headquarters of the Free Methodist Church – USA. Competitive salary, and a chance to learn and grow, plus great benefits including 100 percent employer-paid pension.
This position assists the Director of Finance and Finance Team by performing assigned duties that enable the department to serve the department of the FMCUSA efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process quarterly appropriation payments including setting up appropriation worksheets, tracking payments and correspondence related to appropriations.
• Process vendor invoices, ACH and check requests
• Maintain annual country and field wire transfer documentation files
• Assist Director of Finance as needed in accomplishing Finance Team responsibilities including but not limited to:
o Maintaining Finance Team calendar
o Manage and maintain archived files
• Perform research assigned by the Director of Finance
• Design forms and spreadsheets
• Prepare journal entries as needed
• Perform month-end procedures
o Perform duties as assigned on the month-end closing schedule
o Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts
o Print monthly financials following the Monthly Financial Statement Printing Guidelines
o Print and distributed monthly financials requested by users
• Order office supplies for the Finance team
• Annually participate in the preparation of schedules and documentation required by the audit.
• As time permits, assist all members of the Finance team including filling-in where needed during absences and vacations
• Often interacts by phone, email, or mail with donors and vendors, missionaries, and national church leadership
• Work with the entire Finance team to respond to inquiries from building staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DEMONSTRATED ABILITIES/SKILLS
• A willingness to improve and take on new responsibilities
• Must have good communication skills and work well with others
• Double entry bookkeeping experience a plus but not required
• Must be able to prioritize assigned tasks and meet deadlines
• Must be able to perform duties requiring attention to detail
• Must have critical thinking skills
• Must be trustworthy with confidential information
• Position requires accurate data entry
• Required to be able to focus even with interruption and common space noise
• Must have math skills sufficient to determine equations needed to calculate desired outcomes in spreadsheet applications
• Proficiency with a ten-key calculator a plus and standard keyboard a must
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
Physical demands – regularly required to see, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, telephone, calculator, copy machine, FAX machine and other office equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions of the position.
Work environment – regular interaction with other employees and guests. The noise level in the work environment is generally low.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions of the position.
Interested individuals should submit an online application at: https://hr.fmcusa.org/employment-application including a resume and statement of faith.