Light + Life Communications of the Free Methodist Church – USA is seeking to employ a Staff Content Developer. Interested candidates can apply online at hr.fmcusa.org where you will fill out an online application and submit your resume. Resumes can also be sent to email@example.com.
The Staff Content Developer contributes to the overall scope of work creatively and thoughtfully designed and produced by Light + Life Communications. The ideal candidate will possess a range of skills as a creative thinker, writer and/or designer. They will possess a visionary ability that can conceptualize a project and see it through to realization. They will be a devoted Christ-follower, and, due to the specific vision, mission, and Wesleyan/Methodist perspective we communicate, they must have a solid experience in, and knowledge of, the Free Methodist Church.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist with creative contributions to all forms of digital and print media produced by Light + Life Communications as assigned by the Director. These include, but are not limited to:
• Original written content.
• Photographic, design or illustrated content.
• Assisting with and contributing to the conceptualization, envisioning and mapping out of new
materials or initiatives.
• Evaluating current materials, when called upon, to consider revisions.
• Proof-read and copy edit when needed.
• A passion to communicate to the church in ways that lead to fuel fires of revitalization.
• Contribute to both print and online digital resources.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DEMONSTRATED ABILITIES/SKILLS
• Exceptional, clear and articulate communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Solid command of Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Software.
• High attention to detail.
• Self-motivated, able to see through tasks to completion in a timely manner, yet collaborative and
able to work with a team, sharing contributions to a finished product.
• Gracious when interacting with the people we serve.
• A teachable spirit and willingness/ability to learn when required.
Regularly required to talk, both in person and on the phone, with our employees, guests, and others we serve. Use of hands to operate computer, cameras, and other office equipment. Ability to travel to FMC events when called upon to do so. The job may involve long periods of sitting or standing at a desk.
Regular interaction with other employees and guests. The noise level in the work environment is low.